Monday, April 7, 2008

Virtual Console Monday - April 7

It has been almost a month-and-a-half since Nintendo has seen fit to bring one of their first-party games to the Virtual Console. That unfortunate streak has finally come to an end with this week’s releases. Today, Nintendo made Yoshi’s Cookie, originally a NES game, available for download.

Now, I was this close to going on a rant about how we Nintendo faithful put up with a six-week drought, only to be rewarded with a mediocre puzzle game, but then I realized that most of the important Nintendo games have already been placed on the console’s virtual shelves. Nintendo still has some work to do on their Nintendo 64 collection, but their selection of NES and SNES games is rather satisfactory. So I guess the addition of Yoshi’s Cookie is not quite the disappointment some may think it to be.

If friendly dinosaurs and falling puzzle pieces aren't your thing, perhaps you could celebrate the start of the new baseball season with Bases Loaded, the other game made available in today’s update.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yoshi's Cookie wasn't that bad of a
game. I think only played it once or twice though. I still need a Wii though. Get one for me, buy it, steal it, whatever, I just want one!